Last weekend my sister and I were trying to come up with an afternoon cocktail recipe that felt like summer. I love mai tais and anything with rum, but rarely have the fruit juices on hand to make them. After looking through what I did have in the house, I remembered a recipe I hadn’t made in a long time – “Hard Lemonade” and thankfully, the only thing hard about it is the name.
- 1 can frozen lemonade made with 3 cans of water – not the 4 1/3 cans called for
- 1 bottle of beer makes 2 drinks
- Vodka or lemon flavored vodka
To make individual drinks:
- Fill glass half full of ice
- Fill half full with lemonade
- Add one shot of vodka (more to your tastes)
- Fill full with beer
- Stir and enjoy!
For a low calorie/low sugar version substitute:
- Crystal light lemonade – use about a third less water to retain a lemonade flavor when the beer is added
- One of the new 55-64 calorie beers
And yes, the beer is great in the lemonade, it makes it really smooth!
Shop all Cocktail Themed Party Invitations