If you enjoy baked potatoes, you will love this recipe! It has less than 1/2 the calories and fat than a traditional potato salad recipe, and it’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! If you’re really watching your calories, try substituting cauliflower for potatoes.
- 3/4 cup light sour cream (or try fat free)
- 3/4 cup low fat/fat free mayonnaise (or fat free/light miracle whip)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, and chopped (about 1/2 cup) or try turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds) OR 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- *optional: 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Combine sour cream and mayonnaise in small bowl. Chop bacon and red onion; add to sour cream mixture. Stir in salt and black pepper; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes thoroughly and pat dry. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from oven; cool completely. (*I recommended baking the potatoes the night before – it’s easier to handle them when they’re cold.)
- Coarsely chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large bowl; fold in sour cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with cheddar cheese, and green onions if desired.
Servings: 10 (3/4 cup servings) ~ Servings may vary depending on size of potatoes used.
Calories: 160 per serving
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 points per serving
Source: Dashing Dish