You’ve decided to have a party, but what do you have printed on the invitations? Use this checklist to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything when creating your party invitations:
- The purpose of the invitation: A birthday party, a wedding, a holiday open house.
- Name of honoree (the birthday person, the mother-to-be, the bride and groom)
- Day and Date of the Party – Saturday, August 29th or if it is formal, Saturday, the twenty-ninth of August. Look at your calendar to make sure the as in this example, the 29th of August is really on a Saturday. If a formal event, include the year and spell it out (two thousand and four)
Time – 6:00 p.m., or for formal events, spell out the time such as six o’clock in the evening
- Name of Place; example: Opah’s Restaurant
- Location of Place – street address, city and state if inviting out of town guests, but no zip code
- Name of the host(s)/hostess(es) or parent(s) giving the party
- Dress Code or appropriate attire if it is an issue with your party (do not use on formal invitations-the event should be the clue as to the appropriate attire).
And most important, proof read several times for mistakes and/or forgotten information! Even have a friend read it to make sure it’s perfect!