You’ve decided on a luncheon invitation for your party…what are you going to serve? We like this recipe for a crowd or just for a non-meat dinner alternative.
Chickpea Pasta With Almonds and Parmesan Recipe:
You won’t miss the meat in this elegant dish, which stars protein-packed chickpeas and almonds for a bit of crunch. A hit of red pepper flakes adds a touch of heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, red pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas and parsley.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the almonds and Parmesan.
Serves 4 – Hands-On Time: 20 min – Total Time: 20 min
From Real Simple by Sara Quessenberry, January 2008
Shop all our Luncheon, Brunch and Tea Invitations