Here are a couple of fun activities that will keep guests entertained at a company party, summer family barbeque, picnic or office party:
Ice Breaker Game – Sticker Stalker: All you need to play are stickers and your guests. How to play:
- The object of this game is to get rid of all your stickers by sticking them on the other guests (One sticker per guest).
- When guests begin to arrive at your house or office, give each guest a pack/sheet of 10 stickers. However, if the guest you are “stickering” catches you, he/she gets to stick one of his/her stickers on you.
- If you are “caught”, you must temporarily take your sticker back, and you can try to sticker that same person later (at your own risk). But if someone falsely accuses you of “stickering” him/her, then you can automatically put one of your stickers on that person.
- The first one to get rid of all 10 of their original stickers is the winner!
Name and Number Game. You will need Index cards, tape and writing utensils. How to play:
- As people walk into the party, put their name on one side of an index card, and a number on the other side.
- As everyone walks around with their name showing (on the index card that is taped to their shirt), they have to try to introduce themselves to as many people as they can.
- After a bit of mingling, tell everyone to turn over his or her name tags, so that the number on each card is showing rather than the name.
- Now give everyone a numbered piece of paper, and see who can fill in the most names next to the corresponding number.
Ice Breaker Game – Describe Me: You will need Index cards, tape and pens or pencils. How to play:
- As guests arrive, make sure each person gets an index card taped to their back as well as a pencil.
- Have your guests mingle, and meet each other.
- As people get to know each other a little bit better, have each guest write their first impressions of the people they meet on the cards on their backs.
- Make sure to tell your guests to write funny things, but to stay away from anything resembling rude or mean comments. Write things like “quick wit,” “million dollar smile,” “funny jokes,” etc.
- After about 15-20 minutes, have each person read the card off the adjacent person’s back for a few laughs.
Quick Name Game: This game combines quick knowledge of the names of the people at the party, as well as various items from different categories. All you need to play is your guests and a ball. How to play:
- Have everyone sit/stand in a circle.
- Go around the circle and have everyone say their first name, and then reveal a good way to remember their name.
- The first person begins the game by announcing what the category is. For example, let’s say that the category is cars. The first person would then throw the ball at someone of his/her choice, and that person would have to say something that relates to the category of cars, as well as the name of the person who threw the ball.
- Then as quickly as possible without skipping a beat, that person must throw it to another person of his/her choice.
- When the next person gets the ball, he/she must say another thing that relates to the car category as well as the name of the person who just threw the ball and so on.
- If someone flubs a name or a category then he/she is out. The person who is left sitting in the circle last is the winner. However, if you would rather just focus on getting to know everyone and having fun, you can award prizes at the end for “Quickest Thinker,” “Worst With Names,” “Best/Worst Passer” etc.