This recipe is fabulous for a family dinner or to serve at a party. This makes a delicious dish for Super Bowl or other party where grazing and lots of finger foods are great for hours of munching.
Perfect recipe for Taco Tuesday, too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons pepper
3/4 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese + more for topping
Toppping Ideas: greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, salsa, chopped onion, black beans, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, refried beans, etc.
- In a bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of your favorite beer, and whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning into the beer.
- Place chicken in the crockpot and dump in beer with seasoning. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When you first remove the lid, it will seem as though there is a lot of liquid and the chicken is just sitting in it, but take two forks or kitchen tongs and shred, shred, shred until it all comes together.
- Taste and season with additional taco seasoning if desired, then let sit in the crockpot for another 15 minutes or so.
- Turn the crockpot completely off, and right before serving toss in cheddar cheese. Once combined, immediately transfer the chicken to a large bowl so the cheese does not stick to the crockpot.
Set out all your favorite toppings and make your tacos!