There are lots of mint julep recipes – original mint juleps, quick mint juleps and really quick mint juleps.
This Ginger Mint Julep falls into the really quick category.
- In a classic mint julep cup or an old-fashioned glass, combine 1 teaspoon water and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add several thin slices of fresh peeled ginger and several sprigs of mint.
- Muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Add 2 ounces bourbon
- Stir until the glass is frosty on the outside
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
You could also add ginger to the original mint julep recipe. Enjoy!
You might also like:
- Shop all Kentucky Derby Invitations
- Mint Julep Recipes
- Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep Recipe
- Kentucky Derby Infield Punch
- Benedictine Spread (Cucumber Sandwiches)
- Kentucky Country Ham Salad Recipe
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Complete List of Past Kentucky Derby Winners
- Top Winning Kentucky Derby Jockeys