How about adding your own scary food concoction to the party? Fill a plastic brain mold with a pretty pink shrimp dip for the ultimate gross-out grub on Halloween. This “smart food” will serve 100 guests (if you can get anyone to eat it!)
- 1 cup(s) mayo plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 can (10 ¾-oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope of Knox unflavored gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 1-1/2 lbs cooked bay shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- Cocktail sauce
- Use 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to grease a 6-cup brain mold or a bunch of mini brain molds; set aside.
- Pour contents of soup can in a medium saucepan and heat over medium until warm.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in dissolved gelatin with water until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour into brain mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold on to a platter, top with cocktail sauce and serve with crackers.