Margarita Jello Shots are a slightly more sophisticated version of jello shots and add a touch of fun to your party.
1 tbsp. unflavored powdered gelatin
¾ cup water, divided
1 cup sugar
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup tequila
¼ cup orange-flavored liqueur (I used triple sec)
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup of the water. Allow to soften for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water and the sugar to the pan and heat, stirring, over medium-high heat until the sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Stir in the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur.
- Taste and adjust ingredients accordingly.
- Pour into small serving glasses and refrigerate for several hours until set.
- Serve cold.
Tags: Cinco de Mayo Party, jello shots, margaritas