Often referred to as the “most exciting two minutes in sports,” the Kentucky Derby is run on the first Saturday of May every year at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
One year for my birthday, my husband and I went to the Derby (the year Barbero won the race). My derby hat (below) made it onto the derby track on the head of a sports photographer.
You don’t have to live in Kentucky or attend the race to celebrate this event. So what do you need for a fabulous Kentucky Derby party?
- Terrific invitations to get your guests excited about your event
- A big screen TV to watch all the pre-race events and the actual race.
- Fun decorations associated with the Kentucky Derby
- Traditional Southern food and drink – mint juleps, non-alcholic mint juleps or infield punch
- Fun friends
- Derby hats for both women and men should be required
Memorize the past ten winners before your guests arrive or astound guests with your knowledge of the Kentucky Derby winners all the way back to 1875 with our complete list of all the winners up to last year.
Invitations shown: Noir Derby Invitations, Vase of Roses on Diamonds Derby Invitations, Fresh Red Roses Derby Invitations, Black Check & Laurel Derby Invitations, Julep Cup pf Roses Derby Invitations, Front Runner Kentucky Derby Invitations
You might also like:
- Shop all Kentucky Derby Invitations
- Mint Julep Recipes
- Non-Alcoholic Mint Julep Recipe
- Ginger Mint Julep
- Mint Julep Sorbet Recipe
- Kentucky Derby Infield Punch
- Benedictine Spread (Cucumber Sandwiches)
- Kentucky Country Ham Salad Recipe
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- Complete List of Past Kentucky Derby Winners
- Top Winning Kentucky Derby Jockeys