I posted this recipe a few years ago, and it is still one of the most requested recipes on-line and with my friends.
And yes, beer tastes great in this lemonade. It really smooths out the taste and adds some fizz.
Fabulous drink for a hot day, lounging at the pool, party with friends…or anytime!
Hard Lemonade Recipe
- 1 can frozen lemonade – make it with 3 cans of water (not the 4 1/3 cans called for – you’re adding other ingredients and it will be too watered down)
- 1 bottle of beer (makes 2 drinks)
- Vodka or lemon flavored vodka (you can leave out the vodka too)
To make individual drinks:
- Fill glass half full of ice
- Fill half full with lemonade
- Add one shot of vodka (more to your tastes or leave out)
- Fill to full with beer
- Stir and enjoy!
For a low calorie/low sugar version substitute:
- Crystal light lemonade (use about a third less water to retain a lemonade flavor when the beer is added)
- Use a 55-64 calorie beer
You might also like: