Independence Day, or as most call it, the 4th of July, celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. I wonder if our forefathers had an inkling it would be celebrating with barbecues, picnics, beer pong or frisbee golf tournaments?
(Mouse over the word "Answer" for the answers)
Can you answer:
- The Declaration of Independence begins with what words? (Answer)
- Did George Washington sign the Declaration of Independence? (Answer)
- Why didn't George Washington sign Declaration of Independence? (Answer)
- 4th of July represents independence from who? (Answer)
- What is the motto of the United States? (Answer)
- A salute of one gun for each state in the United States, called a “salute to the union,” is fired on Independence Day at noon by any capable military base.
- In 2009, New York City had the largest fireworks display in the country with over 22 tons of pyrotechnics exploded.
- When did the Liberty Bell get it's crack? (Answer)
- In 1778, General George Washington celebrated with a double ration of run for his soldiers and an artillery salute.
- Life, liberty, and the ___________________ (Answer)
- The first recorded use of the term "Independence Day" was in 1791.
- Was George Washington ever wounded in battle? (Answer)
- The flag of the United States, The Stars and Stripes originated as a result of a resolution adopted by the Marine Committee of the Second Continental Congress at Philadelphia on June 14, 1777. The resolution read: "Resolved, that the flag of the United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field representing a new constellation. " ...Read more
- How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776? (Answer)
- Who was the first President to occupy the White House? (Answer)
- Flying a flag upside down is a symbol of what? (Answer)
- The first ten amendments to the Constitution are known as? (Answer)
- Who said, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"? (Answer)
- Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence? (Answer)
- How did Washington D.C. become our capital? (Answer)
You might also like:
Flags of the United States and Patriotic Information
Have an Outdoor Summer Party
Preparing your House for a Party
What to include on Invitations