LAZY! ... OBNOXIOUS!... RAISED BY WOLVES!... INCONSIDERATE!...RUDE!...
Those are just a few words that are printable describing people who do not respond to a party invitation's RSVP.
From the "host-zillas" RSVP problems create, you'd swear nobody knows what it means. Technically, RSVP is an abbreviation of the French phrase "Répondez s'il vous plaît." Translated it simply means "reply, if you please".
When you see RSVP on a party invitation, It does not mean:
- Reply if you want to
- Reply if you feel like it
- Reply when you get around to it
- Refreshments Served Very Promptly
- I'm waiting to see if something better comes up for that date and time
- Throw the invitation in a pile and forget about it.
- Respond only if you're not coming
- Respond the day of the party
- Respond and then fail to show up
- "Maybe" is not an acceptable reply
- I'm family so of course I'm coming, why should I call?
- And it most certainly does not mean show up with extra guests
You might also like:
...RSVP vs. Regrets Only
...8 Lame Excuses for not RSVP'ing to an Invitation
...Party Dress Code Deciphered