12 Things RSVP Does NOT Mean
20% off INVITATIONS | Use Discount Code DOINVITEU20
Those are just a few words that are printable describing people who do not respond to a party invitation's RSVP.
From the "host-zillas" RSVP problems create, you'd swear nobody knows what it means.
Technically, RSVP is an abbreviation of the French phrase "Répondez s'il vous plaît." Translated it simply means "reply, if you please".
When you see RSVP on a party invitation, It does not mean:
1. Reply if you want to
2. Reply if you feel like it
3. Reply when you get around to it
4. Refreshments Served Very Promptly
5. Respond the day of the party
6. Throw the invitation in a pile and forget about it.
7. Respond only if you're not coming
8. I'm waiting to see if something better comes up for that date and time
9. Respond and then fail to show up
10. "Maybe" is not an acceptable reply
11. I'm family so of course I'm coming, why should I call?
13. And it most certainly does not mean show up with extra guests
The next time you get an invitation and it reads "RSVP...", don't be lame...
JUST pick up the phone
JUST mail the RSVP card
JUST email you're coming or not
JUST don't forget
JUST DO IT!
And everyone will be better off for it!