Common excuses you'd be really lame to use:
- I have a "very easy going-take what's happening right now style" and I hate being required to be somewhere way in advance.
- My son spilled spaghetti sauce on the invite
- Since a lot of other people are invited, I feel they won't care much if I'm there or not so they won't notice if I don't reply.
- My dog ate it (right...along with all the homework in the house)
- Every freakin' person we know is tying the knot, what difference does it make if we don't show up?
- Unless I know the hosts well, I don’t like to be the first person to respond.
- I don’t want to seem overly anxious or like I have nothing else to do.
- "I was waiting to see if Violet was coming, you know I can't stand to be in the same room with her!"
So, the next time you get an invitation and printed right at the bottom it reads "RSVP...", don't be lame...
JUST pick up the phone
JUST mail the RSVP card
JUST email you're coming or not
JUST don't forget
JUST DO IT!
And everyone will be better off for it!
We loved this emailed reply from crassanxiety.com. Use this sytle the next time you email your reply. You just might get some marriage proposals from it!
You might also like:
...12 Things RSVP does not Mean
...RSVP vs. Regrets Only
....What to include on Invitations
...Party Dress Code Deciphered