- 2 cans of artichokes cut fine
- 1 8oz pkg. Cream Cheese or Mascarpone
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 shallots sautéed – see above add the the garlic after the shallots
- 5 garlic gloves cut into pieces and sautéed with the shallots to golden color
- ½ lemon- juice only
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
Drain the artichoke hearts well and rinse, toss with the lemon juice, add all but the parmesan cheese to a blender or food processor, and with short bursts mix, not pureeing but smallish pieces to make for easy spreading.
Then when to a nice consistency with small chunks of artichoke then add the parmesan cheese and reserve a little for the top - stir in with a fork. Adjust the salt and pepper, should be fine - the parmesan is salty.
Pour into a nice baking crock or dish top with the parmesan, (one you can serve out of) bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
Serve on fresh small sour dough rounds or toasted assorted breads or even tortilla chips.