- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- Easy Limebars
- Fiesta Guacamole Dip
- Ranch Cheeseburgers
- Healthy Smoky Black Bean Dip
- Hot Garlicky Artichoke Dip
- Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Kentucky Country Ham Salad
- Kentucky Derby Mint Juleps
- Roasted Rosemary Cashews
- Seven Layer Taco Dip
- Spicy Salsa Cheese Dip
- Tamale Pie Casserole
- Tangy Cocktail Franks
What's Cooking? Seven Layer Taco Dip
This classic won't weigh you down like store-bought versions, which can be impossible to sink a chip through. The secret to seven penetrable layers is lightening the load with sour cream.
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 - 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- In a medium bowl, mix the taco seasoning mix and refried beans with 1/4 cup of sour cream. Spread the mixture in a large serving dish.
- Mix the remaining sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drop mixture in dollops over the refried beans and gently smooth dollops together.
- Drop guacamole in dollops over the sour cream layer and gently smooth dollops together.
- Drain salsa in a colander. Spread a layer of drained salsa over the guacamole layer.
- Place a layer of lettuce and scallions over the salsa.
- Top with cheese and garnish with black olives. Serve with tortilla chips or Scoops.
20% off INVITATIONS | Use Discount Code DOINVITEU20
You might also like: