This fabulous recipe was made by my friend, Mary, and they are fabulous! She says the recipe comes from the bar nuts served at the Union Square Café in New York City. The cashews are the best served warm but you can prepare the rosemary mixture in advance. You can also used mixed nuts, but Mary says the nut guy she met in Temecula said that Cashews are milder and the flavor works best with them
- 1 1/4 pound roasted cashews (Most bags are a pound, this isn’t an issue)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (I tame this back a bit if I am using salted nuts)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (I’ve overdone the butter- don’t)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the cashews out on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven until warm, about 8 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the spiced butter and serve warm.