- How to Dress for White Tie
- How to Dress for Black Tie
- Creative Black Tie Formal & Black Tie Festive
- Black Tie Optional
- Business Formal
- Informal / Semi-formal / After Five
- Cocktail Attire Festive
- Festive Attire
- Business Casual
- Casual Attire
- Theme Party
- Resort & Evening Resort Attire
- Wedding Casual
- Fashion Faux Pas to Avoid
How to Dress for
This is not the same as casual.
Informal and Semi-formal mean the same thing.
Informal, Semi-formal or After Five Attire for Women
If it is an evening event, go with a cocktail dress or elegant separates.
If it is a daytime semi-formal event, wear a knee-length dress, a dress suit or dressy separates.
Informal, Semi-formal or After Five Attire for Men
An evening event requires a dark, dressy suit with or without a vest, high quality white dress shirt, conservative tie, leather dress shoes and socks.
For daytime, men can wear a light or dark color dressy suit.
You might also like:
Join our newsletter below